In Marin / currents
GET HEALTHY Looking to brush up
on your health knowledge? Skip the
Google search and head over to the
first-ever Marin Healthy Palooza, the
brainchild of Dr. Elson Haas (right)
and his team at Preventative Medical Center of Marin. Palooza-themed
events include seminars, workshops
and activities beneficial to attendees
of all ages. The May 11 event at the
Mill Valley Recreation Center will
feature tips and tools to help manage
health — until then, here are some fun
facts to whet your appetite. marin
• The largest cell in the human body is the
female egg; the smallest is the male sperm.
• When you take a step, you are using as
many as 200 muscles.
• It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood
cell to circulate through the body.
• Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.
• Sprinkling cayenne pepper in your socks
will keep your feet warm.
t im por t er
Sales and Rentals
Building A, Fort Mason Center
San Francisco, CA 94123
Tuesday through Saturday
10: 30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Nob Hill Light, 1999; photo courtesy of Don Felton