INTERIOR DESIGNER: ANNIE LOWENGART For the past 12 years, Lowengart’s Marin-based business has grown from just kitchen and bathroom remodels to entire house redesigns and major interior decorating projects. Daily life is where she gets inspiration, and it sometimes pops up unexpectedly.
• Used custom Schumacher ikat window treatments and pillows to make
the space feel sophisticated, young and fun.
• Created three different seating groups to provide separation and reduce
the perceived size of the space.
• Added table and floor lamps at different heights to give the lighting
• Mirrored the sofa with the Restoration Hardware English Roll Arm Sofa
and added big pops of color to contrast with the neutral walls.
• Introduced a Jonathan Adler United States needlepoint pillow and some
funky turquoise and green accessories.
Because the space is large with very tall ceilings, Lowengart had to create
different seating groups to reduce the room’s cavernous feel.
• Custom drapes Schumacher “Darya Ikat” fabric, $3,000
• Sofa Restoration Hardware English Roll Arm in Vintage Velvet, $2,780
• Stools Wisteria “X-Base” with custom slipcovers, $600 each